Many dentists believe dental care should start as soon as possible and provide helpful information to parents to educate them on some good and bad oral practices that relate to their child’s oral health. Marietta Childrens Dentist is there to provide oral health care to children as young as 12 months of age as recommended by the Academy of Pediatrics and the Dental Association.
A goof childrens dentist is knowledgeable in areas such as effective treatment methods and behavioral management of children in order to get the desired result of delivering the highest quality of professional care for the child.
Getting a child into the dentist very early can be the number one factor that will prevent them from having oral health problems later on. There are dental offices that specialize in infant oral health care and have staff that is trained to handle an infant that is crying. A valuable part of the appointment usually entails giving parent’s information on how to care for their child’s teeth and gums such as limits with sugar and how to avoid cavities.
Diseased teeth and gums can lead to diabetes complications, clogged arteries, heart disease, premature birth, debilitating infections and more. These professionals not only take care of oral health care needs but are also on the lookout for ailments that first show themselves inside a person’s mouth. Examples include drug and alcohol abuse, osteoporosis issues, HIV/AIDS, oral cancer and sexually transmitted diseases. How do you know when a DDS is a good one? Here are some signs:
– Chair-side manner: An open method of communication and sensitivity while their patients are in the dental chair is important. Most people don’t like to have their teeth worked on and some patients are downright phobic. Kindness, compassion and sensitivity are imperative.
– Availability: If a patient has to wait months to get in, that’s not a good thing. Yes, it most likely shows that Marietta Childrens Dentist is popular and has a good following of clientele, but if a patient can’t get in to see him or her, what good does it do? It’s always wise to schedule regular check-ups well in advance. But when other needs arise, ready availability is necessary.
– Reputation in the community: Does the DDS have a positive reputation within the community? Getting word-of-mouth recommendations from friends, family, co-workers and neighbors is a great idea. It’s also helpful to ask one’s family doctor for recommendations. Medical personnel always have the scoop on great docs in every field.
Marietta Childrens Dentist
– Hours of operation: Do the hours of operation jive with your schedule? If not, it will be a pain to try to get in. Some DDS’s only work a couple of days a week or for limited hours. If a patient is a 9 to 5er who is extremely dependent on their paycheck, it’s helpful if they don’t have to take time off from work. Early morning or evening hours are a nice perk.
– Location: Is the dental office located in a location that is convenient to your home or office? It’s helpful to have someplace fairly close by. A long commute to have a cavity filled or root canal makes each procedure even less fun.
– Welcoming office staff: Is the person who answers the phone warm and welcoming? Are the assistants, secretaries and hygienists kind and compassionate? Having a hellish office staff is a red flag about this practitioner. It often shows that the place is an unhappy environment to work in. It can also show that the dentist near you who runs it is clueless to what is going on in his or her own office. If the people in the office are unkind, move on.
Marietta Childrens Dentist is crucial to a person’s health. There are lots of practitioners out there to choose from. Personal recommendations or online websites which list all the stats and information are great places to start looking for a reputable DDS.
During the appointment, the childrens dentist will also check the teeth and gums of the child and show parents how to properly brush their child’s teeth and gums and how to apply fluoride to areas where a tooth has erupted.
When trying to find the right childrens dentist to meet your needs, make sure you do a check of the dental facility where your child will be worked on. A child who is old enough to enjoy and understand stories and movies will benefit from media that is there as a source of distraction but will also make their experience more enjoyable. All of these factors will lead to the success of the dental visit.
As a parent or guardian, it is also your responsibility to talk to your child prior to the appointment and encourage them about the positive aspects of the visit. You will learn through a dental office that is trained in child behavior to practice using words such as “car wash”, “sleepy juice” and more.
Many times, when a child visits emergency Marietta Childrens Dentist, it can be equally as nerve wracking on the part of the parent, and dental offices that are well-trained to handle children that encompass of wide range of temperaments will leave it up to the parent as to whether they want to sit in on the appointment. Through certain techniques, a qualified staff is able to build a close rapport with the child to establish effective communication. This way the staff is able to get the desired result of providing oral services to your child by gaining their trust.
One of the main areas Marietta Childrens Dentist focuses on is that of behavior. In an attempt to create the most effective and safest environment possible, many behavioral management techniques are used. Non-verbal and verbal forms of communication are used in order to bring about the desired result for the success of the dental visit.
Qualified child dentists and staff understand that the treatment of children and adolescents in dental care is much different than the treatment for adults. Children are still in the developmental stages of their life and will not respond as an adult will. Individuals who are knowledgeable and have a tolerance for handling the different personalities, intellect, language skills, mental capacities and motor skills of children can be essential in providing effective oral care to them.
Call and make an appointment today with Marietta Childrens Dentist office that is concerned with providing the best oral care possible to your child. You also want to find one that has a long history of providing excellent in the area of child dental care. Your child’s first experience with the dentist is one that will set the stage for other visits, so entrust the oral care of your child to those who are focused on not only providing care but establishing a good foundation.